Sunday, June 30, 2013

Ready, Set, Cultural Shock

We've arrived safe and sound and Antigua is truly beautiful. The high altitude and surrounding volcanos make it quite majestic. Here is the view from our roof of one of the volcanos:
  The weather was nice today and Stephen and I were able to explore the city a bit. We even spoke Spanish to each other the whole time...we'll see how long that lasts haha :-) 

Honestly, I'm feeling pretty out of my comfort zone already. Im sure i felt the same in Ecuador and Tanzania, i just cant remember--or maybe as i get older my comfort zone grows more engrained. A lot of the people here have been here for awhile and have formed their groups -but I'm infinitely thankful to have Stephen with me! Wish we were sharing a room--as it is I'm sharing with three girls and got stuck on the top bunk. For those of you that know me well, you know this is my nightmare and crazy anxiety producing. Crossing my fingers for a night of no sleep talking/walking or falling off the bed :-/

I'm looking forward to orientation tomorrow--not sure if that will help my comfort zone but it may at least force me to hold my breath and dive right in :-)

¡Besos!
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment